About TRIDENT Lake
Trident Lakes offer separate carp and catfish lakes with lakeside accommodation in a peaceful setting surrounded by woodland. Located close to sandy beaches and major tourist attractions, it’s perfect for family groups. The carp lake has carp to 52lb and the cat lake has catfish to over 135lb. The lakes are side by side, which means that carp anglers and catfish lovers can fish together.
Trident Lakes Prices & Availability
Trident Lakes can be booked on a lake exclusive basis only. It is ideal for groups of 4 anglers, but can accommodate up to 6
- £1490 per week for up to 4 anglers (£372.50 each)
- £1605 per week for up to 5 anglers (£321 each)
- £1720 per week for up to 6 anglers (£286.67 each)
- Non-Angler £60 per week
- 10% discount for 2nd and subsequent weeks (across all 6 Bigot lakes) for the same group, during the same year
- A deposit of 30% is required at the time of booking. The balance will be due 10 weeks before the date of your chosen week
- For bookings less than 10 weeks before the start of your booked week, full payment will be required at the time of booking
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit card
- Contact us if you have any special requirements or wish to book a week that is not shown on the availability calendar
Trident Lakes Accommodation
Trident Lakes has a purpose built lakeside chalet nestling in beautiful and natural surroundings
- Main room comprises kitchen & lounge (with sofa bed) and a table and chairs for 6 people
- One bedroom comprising a bunk bed and single bed with wardrobe space
- Shower room with wash-hand basin and toilet
- Kitchen facilities include: oven, fridge/freezer, crockery and cutlery
- Electricity is provided by powerful modern solar panels
- The water at Trident Lakes is provided by a well, equipped with a modern filtration system
- Heating available during cooler months
- Carp Cradles provided
- Wi-Fi is available at and nearby the chalet
- Bed linen, towels and T-Towels are not provided
Trident Lakes has a modern and well equipped lakeside chalet that can sleep 5. The chalet has a bedroom with a single and a bunk bed. The open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area has a double sofa bed. Hot water is provided by large gas bottles, so there’s plenty of it. Wi-Fi is available in and around the chalet.
What You Should Bring
Although the facilities are comfortable and modern, you need to bring your own bedding, towels and tea towels. Please note that you will also need to bring your own consumables such as toilet rolls and rubbish bags as these are not provided. You don’t have to pack carp mats though, Carp Cradles are provided.
Accommodation at Trident Lakes
Trident Lakes has a modern and well equipped lakeside chalet that can sleep 5 people. Click on the Facilities tab to find out more.
Trident Lakes Swims
Anglers can choose to fish right in front of the chalet or anywhere around the lakes. It is possible for anglers to fish back-to-back on the carp and cat lakes.
Both lakes have hard bottoms and some silty areas. The depths shown in the photo are at high water levels. Like many French lakes, the levels can drop by up to 18 inches if there is a long dry summer. Trident Lakes have plenty of depth to cope with this.
Trident Lakes Fishing
On 3rd January 2019, the carp lake was stocked with 80 virgin carp carp in readiness for its first fishing season. The stock weights were 2 x 40s, 18 x 30s and 60 x 20s. The carp stocked included 8 potential target fish weighing between 36 and 49lb. The cat lake also received its first resident, a monster cat weighing 135lb. Another 8 cats weighing between 20 and 60lb were stocked in February 2019 and a further 27 cats weighing between 30 and 60 pounds were stored in June 2019. April 2019 saw the first 50lb carp on the bank.
At a Glance :
– Lake 1 – Carp – 4 acres
– Lake 2 – Catfish – 3 acres
– 4 Anglers or guests – can take 6
– Carp to 56lb
– Catfish to 135lb
– Bait boats allowed
– Row boat available (please bring your own lifejackets)
– Lakeside chalet
– Nearest channel port – 30 minutes
– Bookings are lake exclusive only
– Ideal for couples and families as well as just anglers
– Well behaved dogs are welcome at Trident Lakes
You can use the google map module below on your smatphone
Trident Lakes is located well off the beaten track in the middle of it’s own surrounding forests. Just a 5 minute drive from the picturesque town of Combourg, a real jewel of a town, and a 30 minute drive to the spectacular town of St. Malo. Perfect for family days out.
Driving to the Carp Lake
|Calais (Ferry Port and Eurotunnel)||5 hours||317 miles|
|Caen (Ouistreham)||2 hours||110 miles|
|Le Havre||2 hours 45 minutes||156 miles|
|Dieppe||3 hours 45 minutes||352 miles|
|St Malo||30 minutes||25 miles|
|Cherbourg||2 hours 30 minutes||140 miles|
|Roscoff||2 hours 30 minutes||125 miles|
|Address||GPS (Decimal degrees)||Degrees (minutes seconds)|
|Unamed Road off the D13
|48° 23′ 43.7″ N
1° 45′ 55.4″ W
We recommend it.
Fishing tactics: bottom bait cell.
Catch: 1 x 45s, 2 x 35s, 4 x 25s, 3 x 20s and 2 tench.
Catfish: 1 x 27lb, 1 x 15lb.
Very good facilities and very nice fish. Would come again.
Fishing tactics: Fished from the second swim, far bank, using boilies over particle baits.
Catch: 13 fish caught, the biggest being 57lb, 3 x 30s, 3 x 25s, 1 x 20s plus a pike and three were lost.
It was a pleasure fishing Trident Lakes with the quality of the fish and facilities. Excellent place, excellent fish condition. Excellent facilities all round great place to be!
Fishing tactics: find the fish pop up over pellet and particles.
60 fish in total, the biggest one a mirror carp at 56lb 8oz named “Tony” in honour of Ian’s father, 1 x 40lb+, 9 x 35lb+, 14 x 30lb+, 20 x 25lb+, 7 x 20lb+, 2 tench, 1 pike.
5 Catfish: 1 x 41lb 8oz, 1 x 31lb, 1 x 22lb, 1 x 18lb, 1 x 17lb.
Thoroughly enjoyed the week at Trident Lakes.
Fishing tactics: pop-ups and wafter from the far bank.
27 fish caught in total, 2 x 40lb+ including a PB, 1 X 35lb+, 9 x 30lb+, 10 x 25lb+, 1 x 20lb+, 1 X 15lb+.
3 catfish: between 18 and 30lb.
We would recommend Bigot Lakes. Only fished daytime, we had a fun week with lots of fish. The facilities were ok, wasn’t expecting 5 starts though.
Fishing tactics: catfish lake – deadbait fished in island margins. Carp lake – running ledger rigs fished to far margins. Everything was baitboated out, beware though as most fish will kite to the right.
Catch: 36 fish in total, including a mirror of 56lb,02oz PB, 1 X 45lb, 1 x 40lb, 6 x 35lb+, 7 x 30lb+, 5 x 25lb+, 4 x 20lb+, 1 x 19lb. Catfish – 1 x 39lb, 2 x 30lb, 2 x 25lb, 4 x 20lb.
We loved Trident Lakes, so peaceful and quiet, we would recommend it.
Suggestions – shower could have been hotter or might have been us.
Fishing tactics: pop-ups long far bank.
Catch: 11 fish between 2 anglers – 2 x 45lb, 1 x 38lb 5oz, 2 x 30lb+, 3 x 25lb+, 3 x 20lb+.
The weather was against us but we got a few out. We will sure be back.
Fishing tactics: all fish came from the margin.
22 fish caught: 2 x 40lb, biggest 44lb 60z, 7 x 30lb+, 8 x 25lb+, 4 x 20lb+.
Catfish: 1 x 18lb 8oz
29 fish caught in a week: 1 x 35s mirror carp, 6 x 30s, 11 x 25s, 7 x 20s, 1 x 15s
Catfish 4: 1 x 43lb, 1 x 22lb, 1 x 17lb, 1 x 14lb
Fishing was excellent!
47 fish caught in a week.
We would recommend Trident Lakes. It is an excellent lake, except power kept cutting out and the generator was faulty. Suggestions – Pegs could do in the improvement and access to the lake for baits boats and in hooking netting fish.
Many thanks and good luck for the future.
24 fish caught: 3 x 50s, 2 x 45s, 2 x 35s, 5 x 30s, 9 x 25s, 1 x 12s
1 Catfish x 16,1/2.
1 Pike X 10lb
Trident Lakes Rules
Trident Lakes Rules
Security Deposit: A security deposit of 200 Euros will be required at the same time as your balance payment is due (10 weeks before your holiday). This deposit will be managed by a reputable company (Swikly), who will email you and ask for card details. The card will only be debited if, once you leave the lake, the cabin has not been left in the same condition as when you arrived.
- Please do not arrive before 2pm and depart no later than 11am
- Maximum of 3 rods per angler, no unattended rods
- No lead core leaders (this rule applies to lead core leaders i.e. some people use around 3m of lead core to pin down the last section of line to the lake bottom. This is not allowed) However, the use of lead core in rigs i.e. the section between the hook & lead, is OK.
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only. No hooks bigger than size 1 & no bent hook rigs
- No braid as mainline, no fixed leads. Unhooking mat compulsory, the lake provides Carp Cradles. No sacking of fish. Please use safe rigs making sure that the lead set up can slide over any shock leader knot
- With the exception of particles purchased on site, or factory pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, (e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits) no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue
- No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted
- Boats ( You must bring and use a life jacket) and bait boats are allowed
- No swimming, no loud radios please. Please leave your pegs clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided
- The toilet uses a septic tank system not mains drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet
- Driving vehicles around the banks of the lakes is not permitted
- Any angler found not respecting the rules will be asked to leave without compensation
Additional rules for the catfish lake
- It is absolutely forbidden to move fish from the catfish lake to the carp lake and vice versa.
- No sacking of catfish.
- No trebles allowed.
- Braid can be used as main line ONLY in the catfish lake.
- You can use live bait but only fish caught from the lake (not bought from other waters or shops). Worms are OK.
- No spinning or artificial baits.
- Dead baits are OK, e.g. mackerel, sardine, squid etc.
- 3 rods maximum for carp and catfish… but you can use an extra light coarse rod to catch some live bait.
- A rowboat is provided but there are no life jackets supplied. You MUST take (and use) your own lifejacket if you want to use the boat. Anyone caught using the boat without a lifejacket will be asked to leave immediately.
- Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.