About TRIDENT Lake
Trident Lakes offer separate carp and catfish lakes with lakeside accommodation in a peaceful setting surrounded by woodland. Located close to sandy beaches and major tourist attractions, it’s perfect for family groups. The carp lake has carp to 52lb and the cat lake has catfish to over 135lb. The lakes are side by side, which means that carp anglers and catfish lovers can fish together.
Trident Lakes Prices & Availability
Trident Lakes can be booked on a lake exclusive basis only. It is ideal for groups of 4 anglers, but can accommodate up to 6
- £1206 per week for up to 4 anglers (£301.50 each)
- £1326 per week for up to 5 anglers (£265.20 each)
- Non-Angler £60 per week
- 10% discount for 2nd and subsequent weeks (across all 6 Bigot lakes) for the same group, during the same year
- A deposit of 30% is required at the time of booking. The balance will be due 10 weeks before the date of your chosen week
- For bookings less than 10 weeks before the start of your booked week, full payment will be required at the time of booking
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit card
- Contact us if you have any special requirements or wish to book a week that is not shown on the availability calendar
Trident Lakes Accommodation
Trident Lakes has a purpose built lakeside chalet nestling in beautiful and natural surroundings
- Main room comprises kitchen & lounge (with sofa bed) and a table and chairs for 6 people
- One bedroom comprising a bunk bed and single bed with wardrobe space
- Shower room with wash-hand basin and toilet
- Kitchen facilities include: oven, fridge/freezer, crockery and cutlery
- Electricity is provided by powerful modern solar panels
- The water at Trident Lakes is provided by a well, equipped with a modern filtration system
- Heating available during cooler months
- Carp Cradles provided
- Wi-Fi is available at and nearby the chalet
- Bed linen, towels and T-Towels are not provided
Trident Lakes has a modern and well equipped lakeside chalet that can sleep 5. The chalet has a bedroom with a single and a bunk bed. The open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area has a double sofa bed. Hot water is provided by large gas bottles, so there’s plenty of it. Wi-Fi is available in and around the chalet.
What You Should Bring
Although the facilities are comfortable and modern, you need to bring your own bedding, towels and tea towels. Please note that you will also need to bring your own consumables such as toilet rolls and rubbish bags as these are not provided. You don’t have to pack carp mats though, Carp Cradles are provided.
Accommodation at Trident Lakes
Trident Lakes has a modern and well equipped lakeside chalet that can sleep 5 people. Click on the Facilities tab to find out more.
Trident Lakes Swims
Anglers can choose to fish right in front of the chalet or anywhere around the lakes. It is possible for anglers to fish back-to-back on the carp and cat lakes.
Both lakes have hard bottoms and some silty areas. The depths shown in the photo are at high water levels. Like many French lakes, the levels can drop by up to 18 inches if there is a long dry summer. Trident Lakes have plenty of depth to cope with this.
Trident Lakes Fishing
On 3rd January 2019, the carp lake was stocked with 80 virgin carp carp in readiness for its first fishing season. The stock weights were 2 x 40s, 18 x 30s and 60 x 20s. The carp stocked included 8 potential target fish weighing between 36 and 49lb. The cat lake also received its first resident, a monster cat weighing 135lb. Another 8 cats weighing between 20 and 60lb were stocked in February 2019 and a further 27 cats weighing between 30 and 60 pounds were stored in June 2019. April 2019 saw the first 50lb carp on the bank.
At a Glance :
– Lake 1 – Carp – 4 acres
– Lake 2 – Catfish – 3 acres
– 4 Anglers or guests – can take 6
– Carp to 56lb
– Catfish to 135lb
– Bait boats allowed
– Row boat available (please bring your own lifejackets)
– Lakeside chalet
– Nearest channel port – 30 minutes
– Bookings are lake exclusive only
– Ideal for couples and families as well as just anglers
– Well behaved dogs are welcome at Trident Lakes
You can use the google map module below on your smatphone
Trident Lakes is located well off the beaten track in the middle of it’s own surrounding forests. Just a 5 minute drive from the picturesque town of Combourg, a real jewel of a town, and a 30 minute drive to the spectacular town of St. Malo. Perfect for family days out.
Driving to the Carp Lake
|Calais (Ferry Port and Eurotunnel)||5 hours||317 miles|
|Caen (Ouistreham)||2 hours||110 miles|
|Le Havre||2 hours 45 minutes||156 miles|
|Dieppe||3 hours 45 minutes||352 miles|
|St Malo||30 minutes||25 miles|
|Cherbourg||2 hours 30 minutes||140 miles|
|Roscoff||2 hours 30 minutes||125 miles|
|Address||GPS (Decimal degrees)||Degrees (minutes seconds)|
|Unamed Road off the D13
|48° 23′ 43.7″ N
1° 45′ 55.4″ W
Fishing was enjoyable. The weather was a mixed bag. Had some power supply issues due to the lack of sun, but Anton was on hand to advise and help with the generator.
Fishing tactics: Particles and pellets with particle hookbaits – maize + tiger nuts- fished at range.
21 fish in total, including a mirror at 52lb, 4 x 35s, 2 x 30s, 6 x 25s, 4 x 20s, 3 under 20lb.
Lakes really good. Hard fighting fish and a very clean venue.
Fishing tactics: caught on Pop-ups and bottom baits, fished from the far margin.
21 fish in total, including 2 x 35s, 5 x 30s, 10 x 25s, 2 x 20s, and 2 small.
We will come back, it’s so peaceful.
Fishing tactics: fishing far bank. Caught on Pop-ups.
19 fish caught, including a mirror at 52lb 11oz, 1 x 40s, 3 x 35s, 4 x 30s, 5 x 25s, 2 x 20s, and 3 grass carp.
We had a very good good with 80 fish up to 51lb, 5 catfish, and a grass carp.
Enjoyed our stay. This was our third visit to Trident and enjoyed it as much as the first. We had plenty of fish despite the hot weather. 36 carp caught and we lost 8. Only fished days.
Fishing tactics: fished DNA boilies over pellets and particles.
36 carp in total, including a mirror at 44lb 12oz, 8 x 35s, 10 x 30s, 12 x 25s, 4 x 20s, and 1 double.
Our 3rd visit overall and 2nd this year. It doesn’t fail to disappoint. Lots of carp not so many catfish though. Water level very low. We had a great time and will more likely be back!
Fishing tactics: carp lake – tiger nuts over pellets or particles or boilies. Cat lake – live baits.
67 fish caught, including a mirror at 51lb, 1 x 40s, 12 x 35s, 15 x 30s, 18 x 25s, 10 x 20s, 1 under 20lb.
Catfish: 2 x 50 to 57lb, 3 x 43 to 44lb, 1 x 35lb, 8 x 20 to 25lb, and 3 under 20lb
Had a fantastic week fishing, lovely place, very peaceful. Look forward to coming back.
40 fish caught, including 2 x 40s, 8 x 35s, 14 x 30s, 9 x 25s, 2 x 20s, 1 x 15s.
Hard in carp lake. Decided to fish cat lake and caught some lovely big and hard-fighting carp over 30lb and made the week.
Fishing tactics: Pop-ups and particles bait at the far bank.
28 fish caught including a common at 40lb, 1 x 35s, 7 x 30s, 4 x 25s, 1 x 20s, and 8 under 20lb. 4 catfish, biggest at 57lb, 45lb, 2 x 35lb+, and 20lb.
Again after our 2nd visit, we are very happy. This exceeded our expectations on fish sizes and quantity.
Note: for some unknown reason cabin end of the Lake doesn’t seem to produce any fish.
Fishing tactics: all fish caught on 15mm cell bottom bait Over boat loads of particles to the far bank.
58 fish caught, including 1 x 45s, 2 x 40s, 9 x 35s, 15 x 30s, 15 x 25s, 7 x 20s, 5 under 20lb, and 2 catfish at 54lb and 53lb. 2 tench at 6lb.
Second visit and still as good as 4 years ago. Cabin is all you need. The Lake is one of the best we have been to for peace and the amount of wildlife. Can’t understand why so few bookings, this is a lovely venue with really hard-fighting fish.
Fishing tactics: fish far bank and as close as you can. Fished small Pop-ups and over a mix of pellets, particles and boilies.
9 fish caught, including a mirror at 50lb, 2 x 35s, 3 x 30s, 1 x 25s, and 2 tench.
Trident Lakes Rules
Security Deposit: A security deposit of 200 Euros per group will be required at the same time as your balance payment is due (10 weeks before your holiday). This deposit will be managed by a reputable company (Swikly), which will email you and ask for card details. The card will only be debited if, once you leave the lake, the cabin has not been left in the same condition as when you arrived.
• Please do not arrive before 2 pm and depart no later than 11 am.
• Maximum of 3 rods per angler, no unattended rods
• No lead core leaders (this rule applies to lead core leaders i.e. some people use around 3m of lead core to pin down the last section of line to the lake bottom. This is not allowed). However, the use of lead core in rigs i.e. the section between the hook & lead, is OK.
• Barbless or micro-barbed hooks ONLY. No hooks bigger than size 1 & no bent hook rigs
• No braid as mainline, no fixed leads. Unhooking mats are compulsory, the lake provides Carp Cradles.
• Minimum line – 15lbs breaking strain. Safety rigs ONLY.
• No sacking of fish. Please use safe rigs making sure that the lead set up can slide over any shock leader knot.
• With the exception of particles purchased on-site, or factory-pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, (e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits) no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue.
• No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted.
- All fish over 35lbs MUST be photographed in the water, NOT on the bank. Bring your waders to make sure your pics with the fish is in the water (under your responsibility).
- All photos should be taken kneeling down just above the unhooking mat; no standing.
- We would ask that the fish be kept out of the water for the minimum time possible to decrease their stress level.
• Fish must be kept wet while out of the water.
• All anglers must carry carp care kits and must treat every fish and use these whenever necessary.
• Boats (You must bring and use a life jacket) and bait boats are allowed.
• Children must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
• No swimming, no loud radios, please. Please leave your pegs clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided
• The toilet uses a septic tank system, not main drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet
• Driving vehicles around the banks of the lakes are not permitted
• Any angler found not respecting the rules will be asked to leave without compensation
• ADDITIONAL RULES FOR THE CATFISH LAKE
• It is absolutely forbidden to move fish from the catfish lake to the carp lake and vice versa.
• No sacking of catfish.
• No trebles allowed.
• Braid can be used as main line ONLY in the catfish lake.
• You can use live bait but only fish caught from the lake (not bought from other waters or shops). Worms are OK.
• No spinning or artificial baits.
• Dead baits are OK, e.g. mackerel, sardine, squid, etc.
• 3 rods maximum for carp and catfish… but you can use an extra light coarse rod to catch some live bait.
• A rowboat is provided but there are no life jackets supplied. You MUST take (and use) your own lifejacket if you want to use the boat. Anyone caught using the boat without a lifejacket will be asked to leave immediately.
• Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
• With the exception of particles purchased on-site, or pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, (e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits) no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue
- No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted.
- We would ask that the fish be kept out of the water for the minimum time possible.
- Boats ( You must bring and use a life jacket) and bait boats are allowed.
- Children must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
- No swimming, no loud radios, please. Please leave your pegs clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided
- The toilet uses a septic tank system, not main drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet.
- Driving vehicles around the banks of the lakes is not permitted.
- Any angler found not respecting the rules will be asked to leave without compensation
Additional rules for the catfish lake
- It is absolutely forbidden to move fish from the catfish lake to the carp lake and vice versa.
- No sacking of catfish.
- No trebles allowed.
- Braid can be used as main line ONLY in the catfish lake.
- You can use live bait but only fish caught from the lake (not bought from other waters or shops). Worms are OK.
- No spinning or artificial baits.
- Dead baits are OK, e.g. mackerel, sardine, squid, etc.
- 3 rods maximum for carp and catfish… but you can use an extra light coarse rod to catch some live bait.
- A rowboat is provided but there are no life jackets supplied. You MUST take (and use) your own lifejacket if you want to use the boat. Anyone caught using the boat without a lifejacket will be asked to leave immediately.
- Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
For further information about booking and availability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org