About ANJOU Lake
Anjou Lake is 13 acres and has space for up to 8 carp anglers. It’s a brand new French carp lake, offering drive and survive fishing for big carp. Anjou is ideal for groups looking for an exclusive French carp lake and individuals wanting to go carp fishing in France at one of its top venues. You can book Anjou Lake direct here at Bigot Lakes.
Anjou’s biggest attraction is that it recaptures some of the experiences of the pioneer anglers of old. Carp were introduced to the lake by fish farmer Laurent Bigot a few years ago and they haven’t been touched since. Not even Laurent Bigot knows how big they have grown. 6 anglers were invited to fish it over a 2 week period in 2018. They caught 7 carp over 50lb. The lake’s first 60s were banked in April 2019.
Anjou Lake Prices & Availability
Anjou Lake is a drive and survive venue. It can be booked by individuals or separate groups up to a maximum of 6 angers. It can also be booked on an exclusive basis up to a maximum of 8 anglers
- £310 per week per angler- non exclusive, maximum 6 anglers
- £1860 per week lake exclusive for up to 6 anglers (£310 per angler)
- £2070 per week lake exclusive for 7 anglers (£295.71 per angler)
- £2280 per week lake exclusive for 8 anglers (£285 per angler)
- Non-Angler £60 per week
- 10% discount for 2nd and subsequent weeks (across all 6 Bigot lakes) for the same group during the same calendar year
- A deposit of 30% is required at the time of booking. The balance will be due 10 weeks before your chosen date
- For bookings less than 10 weeks before the start of your booked week, full payment will be required at the time of booking
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit card
- Contact us if you have any special requirements or wish to book a week that is not shown on the availability calendar
- Please note that travel to and from the lake is not included in these prices – you arrange your own travel
Anjou Lake Facilities
The facilities at Anjou Lake are well equipped for a drive-and-survive venue
Anjou Facilities at a Glance
- Large Chalet located near the lake entrance
- Mains electricity and water
- Modern shower and WC
- UK plugs for charging
- Fridge and bait freezer
The facilities include a modern chalet, which has a kitchen, dining area, shower, washroom and modern w/c. There’s a cooker, microwave, kettle, dining table and chairs, plenty of fridge and freezer space and UK plugs. Water and electricity is from the mains supply, so there’s plenty of hot water and it’s safe to drink.
What You Should Bring
Anjou Lake has excellent facilities but it is essentially a drive-and-survive venue, so you should pack accordingly. You don’t have to bring carp mats though. Nash Monster Carp Cradles are provided.
Anjou lake bed is made up of a clay shale, covered in very light silt. There is little weed and there should be no problems presenting baits. The depths vary between 2 and 6 foot in low water season and 3 to 7 foot in high water season. The main features consist of a series of varying depths across and along the length of the lake. The map also shows the approximate placings of the swims.
The Fish in Anjou Lake
Anjou Lake has carp to over 60lb. As of April 2019, anglers have already caught 7 different 50s and 2 carp over 60lb. Based on a possible sighting from one of the test anglers, there may be are one or two mandarin catfish of unknown size. The test anglers reported seeing lots of small native crayfish and one or 2 of the larger nuisance species. No sightings of poisson chat have been reported to date.
Anjou Lake Swims
Although it is possible to fish anywhere around the lake, the decision on where to put swims was delayed until the test anglers got a chance to see how the lake fished. Work is currently under way to finalise the exact positions of the swims, but the current plan is for 4 swims on each of the 2 long sides of the lake (top and bottom sides in the photo).
Anjou Lake is situated just 2 hours from the nearest port
You can use the google map module below on your smatphone
Located just a 5 minutes drive from the village of Vern d’Anjou and surrounded by West France countryside. The Bigot lakes Margot, Morgane, Commons and Lords are a 30 minute drive away.
Driving to the Carp Lake
|Calais (Ferry Port and Eurotunnel)||5 hours||335 miles|
|Caen (Ouistreham)||2 hours 45 minutes||180 miles|
|Le Havre||3 hours 15 minutes||220 miles|
|Dieppe||3 hours 45 minutes||240 miles|
|St Malo||2 hours||100 miles|
|Cherbourg||3 hours 30 minutes||180 miles|
|Roscoff||3 hours 30 minutes||190 miles|
|Address||GPS (Decimal degrees)||Degrees (minutes seconds)|
|Anjou Lake is located off the D961, between the villages of Vern-D’Angou and La Poueze
The lake entrance is opposite a small lane called Pre Corps
|47° 34′ 37″ N
0° 50′ 14.8″ W
Very satisfied –
27 fish caught: 7 x30s, 13 x 25s, 6 x 20s, 1 x 15s.
Very satisfied – had a great week and we will be back in the future. Been perfect for two anglers. Everything we needed- caught plenty of fish between us. Anjou will be a cracking venue in a few years once the stocks have put the weight on.
Fishing tactics: wafter over a mix of boilie pellet + particle.
50 fish in total: 1 x 50s, 2 x 45s, 2 x 40s, 8 x 35s, 8 x 30s, 14 x 25s, 14 x 20s.
1 albino catfish x 61lb5oz.
Awaiting review & photos
28 fish in total: 1 x 57lb, 3 x 40s, 6 x 30s, 5 x 25s, 6 x 20s, 3 x 15s and 4 small.
Very satisfied, lovely lake maturing – nicely 3rd time here best so far.
Suggestion – tell people where the key is and the gate code when they book.
Fishing tactics: fished peg I fish to spots and topping up with bait.
35 fish in total: 2 x 50s, including a 52lb8oz mirror, 3 x 40s, 3 x 35s, 7 x 30s, 15 x 25s, 5 x 20s.
We would recommend Bigot Lakes.
Enjoyed the fishing trip (good sport), lake is very new and will be a great place/fishing in a few years.
The water level was lower than normal, so landing fish was fairly difficult, nets were damaged.
Suggestions – Dig out or add onto swim to land in deeper water.
Fishing tactics: fish on baited spots.
74 fish: 6 x 40s, 9 x 35s, 13 x 30s, 10 x 25s, 31 x 20s
4 x teens
1 catfish x 70lb
Would Defo Come Back
Would defo come back, but they do need to sort out weed in lake and better cover as you are fully exposed to all weathers. The lake and facilities are really good – clean and tidy with plenty of hot water. They even went to buy a fan for us as it was so bloody hot!
Fishing Tactics: Wafter over pellet caught the fish.
10 Carp – 1 x 30, 4 x 20s, 4 x teens and 1 x 10.
Cold Week in November
Good lake and facilities, but would be a squash if more than 4 anglers on lake. An outdoor seating area with cover would be good all year round.
Fishing Tactics: Tried everything, but fish switched off and no further luck (after Sunday).
Carp – 37lb, 31lb 12oz and 24lb 8oz (all caught on Sunday).
Facilities have all you need for the week, local supermarket only 10 mins drive (SuperU). Lodge good and clean with lots of hot water. May take 2 or 3 years to take off, but one for the future.
Fishing Tactics: Wafters and plastics worked best.
18 Carp: 3 x 40s to 49lb 2oz, 10 x 30s, 4 x 20s and 1 x 10lb.
Everything here that you need. Weather very up and down. Fish showing all over the lake.
Fishing Conditions and Tactics: In atrocious weather conditions, yellow pop ups worked best.
Catch: 1 x 48lb 5oz, 2 x 30s and 1 x 20.
Anjou Lake Rules
Security Deposit: You will be asked for a £50 sterling security deposit per angler. This will be returned at the end of the week if everything is left clean, tidy & undamaged.
- Please arrive at 12.30pm
- If you arrive at the lake and the previous week’s anglers have left, please do not put any of your belongings into the facilities until they have been cleaned.
- Swim draw for non-exclusive groups: For non-exclusive groups, there will be a swim draw at 12.30pm. In general, most groups will discuss the pegs that they would like amongst themselves upon arrival, however, if an agreement cannot be reached the peg draw will take place. Please note that any group arriving after the peg draw will have to use the remaining swims.
- Departure time is no later than 10am
- Absolutely no unattended rods. If your rods are unattended you will be asked to leave without refund
- Maximum of 3 rods per angler.
- No lead core leaders (this rule applies to lead core leaders i.e. some people use around 3m of lead core to pin down the last section of line to the lake bottom. This is not allowed. However, the use of lead core in rigs i.e. the section between the hook & lead, is OK)
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only. No hooks bigger than size 1 & no bent hook rigs
- H Block Marker floats are not allowed on Anjou Lane
- No braid as mainline. No fixed leads. Please use safe rigs making sure that the lead set-up can slide over any shock leader knot
- Unhooking mat compulsory, the lake provides carp cradles. No sacking of fish
- With the exception of particles purchased on site, or factory pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits etc., no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue
- Boats allowed… but used at your own risk. Lifejackets are compulsory but are not supplied – please take your own if you intend to use a boat
- Bait boats are allowed
- No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted. No swimming, no loud radios please. Please leave your peg clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided
- The toilets use a septic tank system not mains drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet
- Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave without refund
If you can see free places in exclusive mode, this means that the lake is available in exclusive and non-exclusive mode.
please make your reservations by email or phone.