About ANJOU Lake
Anjou Lake is 13 acres and has space for up to 8 carp anglers. It’s a brand new French carp lake, offering drive and survive fishing for big carp. Anjou is ideal for groups looking for an exclusive French carp lake and individuals wanting to go carp fishing in France at one of its top venues. You can book Anjou Lake direct here at Bigot Lakes.
Anjou’s biggest attraction is that it recaptures some of the experiences of the pioneer anglers of old. Carp were introduced to the lake by fish farmer Laurent Bigot a few years ago and they haven’t been touched since. Not even Laurent Bigot knows how big they have grown. 6 anglers were invited to fish it over a 2 week period in 2018. They caught 7 carp over 50lb. The lake’s first 60s were banked in April 2019.
Anjou Lake Prices & Availability
Anjou Lake is a drive and survive venue. It can be booked by individuals or separate groups up to a maximum of 6 angers. It can also be booked on an exclusive basis up to a maximum of 8 anglers
- £310 per week per angler- non exclusive, maximum 6 anglers
- £1860 per week lake exclusive for up to 6 anglers (£310 per angler)
- £2070 per week lake exclusive for 7 anglers (£295.71 per angler)
- £2280 per week lake exclusive for 8 anglers (£285 per angler)
- Non-Angler £60 per week
- 10% discount for 2nd and subsequent weeks (across all 6 Bigot lakes) for the same group during the same calendar year
- A deposit of 30% is required at the time of booking. The balance will be due 10 weeks before your chosen date
- For bookings less than 10 weeks before the start of your booked week, full payment will be required at the time of booking
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit card
- Contact us if you have any special requirements or wish to book a week that is not shown on the availability calendar
- Please note that travel to and from the lake is not included in these prices – you arrange your own travel
Anjou Lake Facilities
The facilities at Anjou Lake are well equipped for a drive-and-survive venue
Anjou Facilities at a Glance
- Large Chalet located near the lake entrance
- Mains electricity and water
- Modern shower and WC
- UK plugs for charging
- Fridge and bait freezer
The facilities include a modern chalet, which has a kitchen, dining area, shower, washroom and modern w/c. There’s a cooker, microwave, kettle, dining table and chairs, plenty of fridge and freezer space and UK plugs. Water and electricity is from the mains supply, so there’s plenty of hot water and it’s safe to drink.
What You Should Bring
Anjou Lake has excellent facilities but it is essentially a drive-and-survive venue, so you should pack accordingly. You don’t have to bring carp mats though. Nash Monster Carp Cradles are provided.
Anjou lake bed is made up of a clay shale, covered in very light silt. There is little weed and there should be no problems presenting baits. The depths vary between 2 and 6 foot in low water season and 3 to 7 foot in high water season. The main features consist of a series of varying depths across and along the length of the lake. The map also shows the approximate placings of the swims.
The Fish in Anjou Lake
Anjou Lake has carp to over 60lb. As of April 2019, anglers have already caught 7 different 50s and 2 carp over 60lb. Based on a possible sighting from one of the test anglers, there may be are one or two mandarin catfish of unknown size. The test anglers reported seeing lots of small native crayfish and one or 2 of the larger nuisance species. No sightings of poisson chat have been reported to date.
Anjou Lake Swims
Although it is possible to fish anywhere around the lake, the decision on where to put swims was delayed until the test anglers got a chance to see how the lake fished. Work is currently under way to finalise the exact positions of the swims, but the current plan is for 4 swims on each of the 2 long sides of the lake (top and bottom sides in the photo).
Anjou Lake is situated just 2 hours from the nearest port
You can use the google map module below on your smatphone
Located just a 5 minutes drive from the village of Vern d’Anjou and surrounded by West France countryside. The Bigot lakes Margot, Morgane, Commons and Lords are a 30 minute drive away.
Driving to the Carp Lake
|Calais (Ferry Port and Eurotunnel)||5 hours||335 miles|
|Caen (Ouistreham)||2 hours 45 minutes||180 miles|
|Le Havre||3 hours 15 minutes||220 miles|
|Dieppe||3 hours 45 minutes||240 miles|
|St Malo||2 hours||100 miles|
|Cherbourg||3 hours 30 minutes||180 miles|
|Roscoff||3 hours 30 minutes||190 miles|
|Address||GPS (Decimal degrees)||Degrees (minutes seconds)|
|Anjou Lake is located off the D961, between the villages of Vern-D’Angou and La Poueze
The lake entrance is opposite a small lane called Pre Corps
|47° 34′ 37″ N
0° 50′ 14.8″ W