Trident Lakes Rules
Trident Lakes Rules
Security Deposit: A security deposit of 200 Euros will be required at the same time as your balance payment is due (10 weeks before your holiday). This deposit will be managed by a reputable company (Swikly), who will email you and ask for card details. The card will only be debited if, once you leave the lake, the cabin has not been left in the same condition as when you arrived.
- Please do not arrive before 2pm and depart no later than 11am
- Maximum of 3 rods per angler, no unattended rods
- No lead core leaders (this rule applies to lead core leaders i.e. some people use around 3m of lead core to pin down the last section of line to the lake bottom. This is not allowed) However, the use of lead core in rigs i.e. the section between the hook & lead, is OK.
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only. No hooks bigger than size 1 & no bent hook rigs
- No braid as mainline, no fixed leads. Unhooking mat compulsory, the lake provides Carp Cradles. No sacking of fish. Please use safe rigs making sure that the lead set up can slide over any shock leader knot
- With the exception of particles purchased on site, or factory pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, (e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits) no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue
- No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted
- Boats ( You must bring and use a life jacket) and bait boats are allowed
- No swimming, no loud radios please. Please leave your pegs clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided
- The toilet uses a septic tank system not mains drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet
- Driving vehicles around the banks of the lakes is not permitted
- Any angler found not respecting the rules will be asked to leave without compensation
Additional rules for the catfish lake
- It is absolutely forbidden to move fish from the catfish lake to the carp lake and vice versa.
- No sacking of catfish.
- No trebles allowed.
- Braid can be used as main line ONLY in the catfish lake.
- You can use live bait but only fish caught from the lake (not bought from other waters or shops). Worms are OK.
- No spinning or artificial baits.
- Dead baits are OK, e.g. mackerel, sardine, squid etc.
- 3 rods maximum for carp and catfish... but you can use an extra light coarse rod to catch some live bait.
- A rowboat is provided but there are no life jackets supplied. You MUST take (and use) your own lifejacket if you want to use the boat. Anyone caught using the boat without a lifejacket will be asked to leave immediately.
- Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.