Morgane Lakes Rules
Our lakes are designed so that you enjoy your stay and our fish are protected at the same time. Please take time to read these rules.
- Security Deposit: On arrival you will be asked for a £200 per group security deposit. This will be returned at the end of the week providing everything is left in good condition, and as clean and tidy as when you arrived.
- Please arrive at 4pm and depart no later than 10am.
- No lead core leaders.
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only. No hooks bigger than size 1 & no bent hook rigs.
- H Block Marker floats are banned on Morgane
- No braid as mainline, no fixed leads. Unhooking mat compulsory, the lake provides carp cradles, however these are not suitable for the larger catfish and so you should bring your own too. No sacking of fish. Please use safe rigs making sure that the lead set up can slide over any shock leader knot.
- With the exception of particles purchased on site, or factory pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits etc., no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue.
- No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted.
- Row boats are forbidden on the carp lake but bait boats are permitted.
- No swimming and no loud radios please. Please leave your pegs clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided.
- The toilets use a septic tank system not mains drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet.
Additional rules for the catfish lake
- It is absolutely forbidden to move fish from the catfish lake to the carp lake and vice versa.
- No sacking of catfish.
- No trebles allowed.
- Braid can be used as main line ONLY in the catfish lake.
- You can use live bait but only fish caught from the lake (not bought from other waters or shops). Worms are OK.
- No spinning or artificial baits.
- Dead baits are OK, e.g. mackerel, sardine, squid etc.
- 3 rods maximum for carp and catfish... but you can use an extra light coarse rod to catch some live bait.
- A rowboat is provided on the catfish lake but there are no life jackets supplied. You MUST take (and use) your own lifejacket if you want to use the boat. Anyone caught using the boat without a lifejacket will be asked to leave immediately.
- Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.