Commons Lake Rules
Our lakes are designed so that you enjoy your stay and our fish are protected at the same time. Please take time to read these rules.
- Security Deposit: On arrival you will be asked for a £200 per group security deposit. This will be returned at the end of the week providing everything is left in good condition, and as clean and tidy as when you arrived.
- Please do not arrive before 4pm and depart no later than 10am.
- Maximum 3 rods per angler, no unattended rods.
- No lead core leaders.
- Barbless or micro barb hooks only. No hooks bigger than size 1 and no bent hook rigs.
- No braid as mainline, no fixed leads. Unhooking mat compulsory, the lake provides Carp Cradles. No sacking of fish. Please use safe rigs making sure that the lead set up can slide over any shock leader knot.
- H Block marker floats are not allowed on Commons
- With the exception of particles purchased on site, or factory pre-prepared branded seeds and nuts, e.g. Quest, Dynamite, Natural Baits etc., no other particles will be allowed. Preparation of particles on site is strictly forbidden and there is a zero tolerance policy in operation at this venue.
- No marking or mutilation of fish, offenders will be prosecuted.
- Boats not allowed, but bait boats are OK.
- No swimming and no loud radios please. Please leave your pegs clean and put all litter, bottle tops and cigarette ends in the bins provided.
- The toilets use a septic tank system not mains drainage. Please do not put anything down the toilet except toilet tissue otherwise you will block it. In particular please do not put baby wipes down the toilet.
- Any angler not respecting the rules will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.